Building on our work together doing bail support for the Fight Supremacy Rally attended by over 40,000 people in Boston this past summer, Black Lives Matter - Cambridge is leading a partnership between BLM-Cambridge and the Massaachusets Bail Fund, to give the gift of freedom this winter holiday season. In preparation for a December filled with bailouts at courthouses and jails, we hosted two community bailout trainings. Bailouts begin December 4, 2017, at Dorchester District Court. If you are available and interested in being part of our bailout team, please sign up below.
Here's how you can help:
Donate as much as you can to our effort. The more money we raise, the more people we can free for the holidays. Donations can be made through the Massachusetts Bail Fund at www.paypal.me/blmcfundraising . The Massachusetts Bail Fund is a project of The Criminal Justice Policy Coalition which is a registered 501c3 and therefore donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Volunteer to be part of our bailout team. We need volunteers who are ready to be part of our bailout team. We start posting on December 4, so please sign up as soon as you can with your availability. We will notify you before Friday, December 1, about a bailout team phone call to prepare for the action. We will be posting bail on the following dates at the following locations:
1. December 4, 2017 8:30 AM-2:00 PM, Dorchester District Court
2. December 11, 2017, 8:30 AM-2:00 PM, Dorchester District Court
3. December 18, 2017, 8:30 AM-2:00 PM, Dorchester District Court
4. December 26, 2017, 8:30 AM-2:00 PM, Dorchester District Court
5. December 21, 2017, 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM, Nashua Street Jail
6. December 22, 2017, 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM, Nashua Street Jail
7. December 21 2017, 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM, South Bay House of Correction
8. December 22 2017, 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM, South Bay House of Correction
9. December 29, 2017, 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM, Nashua Street Jail
10. December 29 2017, 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM, South Bay House of Correction